Wolf’s 10 tips for applying -
This comes from me as an admin and the things that either make me love an audition or hate it.
- Unless specifically asked for, never apply from an account you’ve made for the character already. It’s very off putting as an admin to receive an application from the characters account.
- If you are unsure on an aspect of the roleplay, ask, I’d much rather someone ask about something they’re unsure about rather than apply and have the completely wrong idea.
- Read the rules, there’s probably something in there that is important and that you want to know. It might be a password, or it might be a ‘audition must be in third person’ etc.
- If the admins specifically tell you to read things, read those things. They spent time writing those out.
- I love it when people make references to the smaller things in the plot or the subtler areas of the characters bio. It makes me realize that they’ve read the bio or what I’ve told them to read.
- If you’re stuck for an idea on what to write for your para sample, ask for a prompt rather than writing a ‘getting ready’ para.
- Never write a getting ready para as a sample.
- Make sure that you fill out the application they’ve given you! They might’ve had secondary questions, etc.
- If a question is ‘what’s your character’s favourite item’ it’s best not to answer with ‘not telling you’ that’s pretty annoying, it’s not really an IC thing, it’s so that the admins can see what you think the character is/it might come into play later. Think of something rather than coming off as being too lazy to think of anything.
- Don’t rush! Even if you’re under a deadline, never make yourself write at a speed that you’re not comfortable with, your writing wont be nearly as good if you write a sample in 20 minutes.
- Please don’t update the admin while you’re writing the application, ‘almost done’ ‘just finishing up’ aren’t necessary asks, it’s a bit annoying! This also includes messaging 10 minutes after submitting and saying something like ‘Did you get my app? I haven’t heard anything!’
Bonus tip: Save all your auditions in case tumblr pulls a tumblr and doesn’t send it!
Please note that I am open to read over sample paras if you would like some feedback!